What did you do this week?
Quests? Ranked play? Fun Guaranteed with friends?
Vastidious: 40 Gold, 7835 Dust
- Masters Tour / Grandmaster Updates (source)
- 6 events this year, up from 3
- $250,000 in base prizes for each event
- Will continue the crowdfunding initiative to bolster the prize pool beyond that
- ESL/Dreamhack will be the trusted vendor for the events
- #1 – Arlington, TX 1/31-2/2
- #2 – Bali Indonesia – 3/20-3/22
- #3 – Jönköping, Sweden – 6/12–6/14
- #4 – TBD Asia-Pacific location – July/August
- #5 – Montreal, Canada – 9/11-9/13
- #6 – Spain – December
- Grandmasters will be back for 2 seasons
- First starts in April
- Second in August
- 8 weeks of play with some changes to the formats
- Balance Update Incoming – As before once it’s live, adjusted cards available for full dust refunds for 2 weeks.
- Standard Changes
- Fiendish Rites – Mana cost increased from 3 to 4
- Scion of Ruin – Mana cost increased from 3 to 4
- Ancharrr – Durability reduced from 3 to 2
- Dragon’s Pack – Now reads, “…if you’ve invoked twice, give them +2/+2.” (reduced from +3/+3)
- Invocation of Frost – Mana cost increased from 1 to 2
- Necrium Apothecary – Mana cost increased from 4 to 5
- Dragonqueen Alexstrasza – Battlecry effect can no longer generate Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
- Battlegrounds Changes
- This update includes several adjustments and more Heroes with more changes coming in the near future. More details soon…..
- Hero Changes
- Shudderwock – Burbling: Cost reduced from 2 to 1
- Queen Wagtoggle – Wax Warband: Give a random friendly Mech, Demon, Murloc and Beast +2 Attack. (instead of +1 Health)
- Infinite Toki – Temporal Tavern: Cost reduced from 2 to 1. Now reads, “Refresh Bob’s Tavern. Include a Minion from a higher Tavern Tier.”
- Patches the Pirate – Has returned to the Hero Pool. Fire the Cannons!: At the start of next combat, deal 4 damage to two random enemy minions. (increased from 3 damage)
- Pyramad – Has returned to the Hero Pool. Brick by Brick: Give a random friendly minion +3 Health. (Increased from +2 Health)
- Golden Soul Juggler – After a friendly Demon dies, deal 3 damage to a random enemy minion twice. (instead of 6 damage once)
- Bug fix/Game Improvement
- Battlegrounds – Selfless Hero’s Deathrattle, will now only affect minions that do not already have Divine Shield.
- Arena – The appearance rate of cards in the draft have been updated to ensure class balance remains close to the ideal 50% win-rate.
- Hero Changes
- Galakrond’s Awakening
- Trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=v52vjnf6nkg&feature=emb_logo
- Final solo adventure in the Year of the Dragon. Returns to the classic linear adventure format, progressing through the story by completing individual boss encounters in order.
- Each story contains four chapters, each with three encounters for a total of 24 unique battles.
- In each encounter you control one of the heroes or villains we’ve seen this year with a premade deck built for that encounter.
- After you finish a chapter, you can try Heroic mode, where you can build your own deck to defeat it.
- If you clear Heroic mode, you get 2 card backs, one for Explorers and one for E.V.I.L.
- Rolls out on a weekly basis like before. When it launches you can play through both the League of Explorers and League of E.V.I.L. versions of the first chapter. The first E.V.I.L. chapter is free for all players. The Explorers chapter will be available for purchase.
- Individual chapters are $6.99 or 700 gold each.
- The full adventure is $19.99 and includes all chapters and cards.
- If you pre purchase, you get a Golden Classic pack, which is available immediately.
- The Collectible cards are back in this adventure. Over the course of the adventure you will be able to collect 35 new cards. This is done by clearing encounters from both campaigns. Clear an encounter, get a card (sometimes two). And when you purchase the first chapter’s good campaign, you will get 3 additional cards at the beginning of that chapter. Once you earn a card, you can craft a golden version.
- 4 new cards revealed – See Slides
- Chapter 1 – January 21
- Chapter 2 – January 28
- Chapter 3 – February 4
- Chapter 4 – February 11
Webspinners are so passé, macaws on the other hand…macaws are the future! Take flight with a deck of 23 Jeweled Macaws and 7 random class spells.
A Classic Card pack.
NEXT WEEK: DRUID
Reviews and Emails
Legendary Patron Shoutout:
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at email@example.com. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.c