What did you do this week?
Quests? Ranked play? Fun Guaranteed with friends?
Espo – Rank 16, 297 Shaman wins, 1000 gold
Vast – Rank 20 (was 22), 383 Mage wins, 385 gold
- Lunar New Year
- Begins Feb 5th
- $20 Bundle – 30 packs (10 The Witchwood, 10 The Boomsday Project, 10 from Rastakhan’s Rumble) – available now
- At the start you get a free golden Fireworks Tech for logging in
- Special Lunar New Year quests that award both gold and dust
- New festive firework-filled emote
- Upcoming Card Changes (most are Classic cards) – Feb 5th
- Cold Blood – Cost increased to 2 mana, up from 1
- Flametongue Totem – Cost increased to 3 mana, up from 2
- Equality – Cost increased to 4 mana, up from 2
- Hunter’s Mark – Cost increased to 2 mana, up from 1
- Emerald Spellstone – Cost increased to 6 mana, up from 5
- Iksar had a few comments – Equality at (3) mana in our playtesting didn’t really solve this. The change to (4) was actually very jarring to us, but we wanted to try playtesting it in current and future environments anyway. After all those games, we felt like it was a reasonable option at (4) in control archetypes (now and in the future) but less reasonable in aggressive decks. That ideally where we’d like most cards to be, so (4) ended up being where we landed. If we thought (3) removed it from being in all paladin archetypes for the foreseeable future but Odd Paladin would get better in the short term, we would have just done that.
- We like Control Paladin, I expect it to do just fine in the future. We’ve been playtesting a lot of the first set of this year with Equality at (4) and there are still powerful Control Paladin archetypes.
How it Works
- Choose a class and build your own deck.
- At the end of each turn, all your minions have their cost, attack, and health combined into one creature – Void Singularity.
- The maximum mana cost of Void Singularity is 10.
- Cards like Ethereal Arcanist which do something at the end of turn, won’t work here as they get merged into the Void Singularity before they can use their effects.
- Deathrattle effects work as they should and can be a great way the flood the board for your next turn.
- Removal and Freeze are huge in this brawl. The Void Singularity can build up frighteningly fast, so get rid of it!
- Another neat thing one could do is return the Void to their opponent’s hand through a card like Sap. It effectively slows them down an entire turn.
Hints and Tips/Top 3
Espo – Bog Slosher, Haunting Visions, Big Bad Voodoo
Vast – Big Bad Voodoo, Zentimo, Krag’wa the Frog
Reviews and Emails
Legendary Patron Shoutout: Deadpool and Chris Vannaken
Next Week : Mage
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at email@example.com. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette