What did you do this week?
Quests? Ranked play? Fun Guaranteed with friends?
Vastidious: 3090 gold
- Surprise! – It’s NOT about the new expansion! Image revealed last week was a teaser for a new Fireside Gathering location in Brazil.
- New Set Reveal: The Boomsday Project
- B.O.O.M Laboratories Themed Expansion, taking place in Netherstorm
- New Video with an interesting acting job by the Team 5 team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH0wacpNuDQ
- Boomsday Lab Episode 1 (animated followup) – https://youtu.be/HxeAZQ6TeKM
- Boomsday Project Trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0osOie7YlA
- New Mechanic: Magnetic – Combines with a Mech in play to add its stats and text to the targeted Mech
- New Mechanic: Omega Cards – Has additional Battlecry effect, if you have 10 Mana Crystals
- Projects: Powerful Legendary Spells that benefit both players
- Legendary Inventors: Inventor Themed Legendary Minions, with unique effects
- Solo Content: Unsanctioned Research – Puzzle Solving themed solo adventure
- Lethal – Puzzles solved by defeating enemy Hero
- Mirror – Puzzles solved by creating a perfectly mirrored battlefield
- Board Clear – Puzzles solved by clearing the battlefield of minions
- Survival – Puzzles solved by surviving the enemy Hero Power
- Card Reveal Stream: July 23rd at Twitch.tv/PlayHearthstone
- Set Release Date: Aug 7th
- Cards Revealed So Far:
- Omega Defender – 4 mana, 2/6 Epic Neutral minion, Taunt. Battlecry: If you have 10 Mana Crystals, gain +10 Attack. (V: Great card for Arena, Shudderwock and Ramp Druid decks. Also would excel in wild with C’Thun and Shudderwock. Oh and with Lady in White)
- Electra Stormsurge – 3 mana, 3/3 Shaman Legendary Elemental minion, Battlecry: Your next spell this turn casts twice. (V: Probably an auto-include in just about every Shaman deck. Imagine a Shudderwock Shaman deck with this for double activating Far Sight, Healing Rain or Lightning Storm. Keep in mind, that it will double overload. Just imagine this plus Bloodlust, which adds +6 Attack to EVERY friendly minion for 8 mana.)
- Myra’s Unstable Element – 5 mana, Legendary Rogue spell, Draw the rest of your deck. (V: Incredibly powerful AND incredibly dangerous. Togwaggle synergy (Togwaggle: Swap decks with your opponent. Give them a ransom spell to swap back.) Maybe with Dollmaster Dorian (Whenever you draw a minion, summon a 1/1 copy of it.).
- Spider Bomb – 3 mana, Hunter Mech 2/2, Magnetic. Deathrattle: Destroy a random enemy minion. (V: Mixed bag. Depends a lot on what else we see with this expansion. In Wild, it has more functionality due to more Mechs and ways to utilize deathrattles more.)
- Biology Project – 1 mana, Druid spell, Each player gains 2 Mana Crystals. (V: You get 2 full mana crystals, that you can take advantage of right away. However you give the same to your opponent. Will be interesting to see how this works with all the released cards.)
- Stargazer Luna – 3 mana, 2/4 Mage Legendary minion, After you play the right-most card in your hand, draw a card. (V: Can you say, Miracle Mage? More useful in a Burn Mage type deck versus Big Mage. I’m curious how this will work with Echo cards. Does the Echo card end up as the right card?)
- Update 11.4 is LIVE
- Pre-Purchase of The Boomsday Project is now LIVE
- Pre-Order Bundle: $49.99 for 50 Packs, Random Golden Legendary and “Mecha- Jaraxxus” Card Back
- The Mega Bundle: $79.99 for 80 Packs, Random Golden Legendary, “Mecha- Jaraxxus” Card Back and Mecha-Jaraxxus Warlock Hero!
- Both bundles may be purchased one time, each!
- The Mid-Summer Fire Festival Returns Soon
- Minion Types have been adjusted for specific minions (We talked about this last week)
- Performance improvements for Collection Manager and Mobile Client
- Support for modern phones, such as the iPhoneX and the Samsung Galaxy S8 & S9. Reports of improved performance on Android devices. I noticed that it loads updates in the background, with an icon in the top right corner.
- New Card Backs for August Season and Mecha-Jaraxxus Pre-order added
- Pre-Purchase of The Boomsday Project is now LIVE
- Ben Brode announces his new Game Development company, Second Dinner. @seconddinner on Twitter and https://www.seconddinner.com
- Tavern Brawl: ShiftCon
- Swap stories with fellow shifters at the tavern’s Shifter Convention! Choose a class. We’ll fill your deck with Shifters and spells.
Hints and Tips
Zerotio Tip: Join a Community (Podcast Community, Facebook, Discord). Make friends and get help completing quests. You can also get great Deck ideas from the hearthstone communities.
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
Legendary Patron Shoutout: Deadpool
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette