[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/lofipodcast/LOTI_180.mp3″ background=”default”]
New Expansion Announced: The Witchwood
Reveal Video : https://youtu.be/4roAY-6Lrdk
Cinematic Trailer : https://youtu.be/OtIbKXd5fWo
- Releases mid-April
- 135 new cards
- A new Shaman Hero Card: Hagatha, was shown at the end of the intro video. Ben Brode confirmed that this will be the only Hero card in the expansion. (source)
- Every class will have 2 Legendary cards (source)
- New mechanic: Echo
- Echo cards can be played multiple times on the turn you play them. Each time, it’ll add a ghostly copy of the card back to your hand that disappears at the end of your turn.
- Cards with the same effect as Echo that are already in the game, will not be updated with the new keyword.
- Deathstalker Rexxar will be updated to work with both Kobolds and Witchwood beasts when the set launches.
- New mechanic: Rush
- Minions with the Rush keyword can attack other minions immediately after they hit the board, either by being played or summoned. They cannot attack heroes until the turn after they enter play.
- If a Rush minion is played onto the board through a summon effect, the mechanic still works the same. (source)
- The pre-order includes a new card back and 70 cards, instead of the usual 50. (pre-order here or in game)
- Freebies this expansion
- A card back for completing Monster Hunt
- A Legendary class card for logging in on release
- 3 card packs for logging in on release
- Up to 4 card packs for completing daily quests leading up to the release (source)
- Monster Hunt
- Similar to existing Dungeon Runs, however it uses 4 special Heroes for this mode that are exclusive to Monster Hunt: the Cannoneer, Houndmaster, Time Tinkerer, and Tracker. These heroes have unique hero powers and even some special cards.
- Dungeon Run will remain available for play.
- Cards that take advantage of odd or even costs on cards have been talked about the most so far. Although it was clarified that there are only a few of these cards in the expansion. For the record, 0 is an even number. New filters are going to be added allowing you to filter the collection to just even or odd cards. Shifting Scroll counts as a 0-cost card.
- Baku the Mooneater only upgrades basic Hero Powers, the same ones that Justicar Trueheart does. FYI, Baku will still trigger if Prince Malchezaar adds even cost cards to your deck. (source)
We’re trying out a new Arena format to make choosing cards more interesting and skill testing.
- New Draft Rules: Each pick in an Arena draft will now feature 3 cards of relatively equal power level, but mixed rarities.
- Picks 1, 10, 20, and 30 will continue to have a guaranteed Rare quality card or better.
- The increased chance to draft cards from the most recent expansion has been removed until the launch of The Witchwood.
- New Arena cards chosen at BlizzCon are being added to the Arena for a limited time.
- All cards that are excluded from the Arena draft pool remain unchanged.
- All the other existing Arena rules in place that affect appearance rates are unchanged.
Cart Crash at the Crossroads
How it Works
- Click on Tavern Brawl and pick the class you want to play.
- You will receive a randomly generated deck which at this time contains 19 cards (11 class, 8 neutral).
- After you mulligan, you will be asked to pick a second class via a discover-like menu. You can’t pick your class a second time.
- 11 more cards are then added to your deck.
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette