[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/lofipodcast/LOTI_179.mp3″ background=”default”]
- March’s changes start out with a bit of a speed bump. Ranked play rewards were incorrectly rewarding 5 stars per win, causing several players to have obtained Legend status in record time on the Asia servers. It was reported on Reddit and shortly after, Ranked play was locked as Blizzard investigated the issue. They discovered the cause and implemented a hotfix, however still unsure if they will be able to reverse those affected. As a thank you for your patience, Blizzard rewarded 3 Kobolds and Catacombs packs today. You can get these through the Gifting function in the game. If you play on mobile, you have to go to your Battle.net account to redeem them (account.blizzard.com/gifts).
- Blizzard confirmed that the rewards from the Quest event have been sent out two weeks ago. Did you get anything from the contest?
- Year of the Raven (source)
- They were going to have a Q&A last Friday but postponed it until the issues with Ranked play were resolved.
- Ben Brode updated us on all the upcoming changes and details about 2018 in Hearthstone.
- Whispers of the Old Gods, One Night in Karazhan, and Mean Streets of Gadgetzan will rotate out when the first expansion goes live.
- Ice Block, Coldlight Oracle, and Molten Giant are being added to the Hall of Fame set.
- Molten Giant is going back to 20 mana!
- You will receive free arcane dust for any cards you have that are moving to the Hall of Fame without needing to disenchant the cards.
- Some Daily Quests are becoming easier to complete with reduced requirements.
- Daily Quests that rewarded you with 40 gold will now reward 50 instead.
- In-game Tournaments are coming to Hearthstone. Beta for tournaments to begin around the middle of the year.
- Lunara is being added to the game as the first alternative Druid hero. (win 10 games in standard or casual after the expansion to obtain)
- Maiev will no longer be available to collect starting with the first new expansion of the year. If you already own her, she’s yours forever..
What do you think the images are hinting at for upcoming expansions?
- Starcraft’s 20th Anniversary
- To celebrate Starcraft’s 20th, Blizzard is giving out rewards on each of their games. In Hearthstone, there will be a special Tavern Brawl near the end of the month that will reward 3 Kobolds packs for participating.
- Brood War – 20th Anniversary UI skin for Remastered
- StarCraft II – 20th Anniversary UI skins, Portraits, and Decal.
- Diablo III – Battlecruiser Pet
- Overwatch – Widowmaker Skin featuring Sarah Kerrigan as the Ghost
- World of Warcraft – Salute to StarCraft Feat of Strength if you /salute an in-game StarCraft pet.
- Heroes of the Storm – 20th Anniversary StarCraft portraits
- Arena Changes are coming
- The cards from BlizzCon are finally coming to Arena for a limited time (leaving with the new expansion)
- Cards are offered based on their relatively equal power level not just by rarity.
- Legendary cards still offered in sets of 3
- Picks 1, 10, 20 and 30 will still contain cards that are Rare or better.
- Temporarily disabling the increased chance to see cards from the most recent expansion.
- Wording on the cards were changed a little but retain the same effects from Blizzcon and the Priest card was decreased from 3 to 2 mana.
- Dave Kosak, Game Designer tweeted that he was going camping and searching for the next expansion. Ben Brode responded, “Have fun! Bring the expansion back soon! We’re supposed to announce it this month!”
- This is a brand new brawl.
- This brawl is a part of the Wildfest 2018 event.
- This brawl is much like past Heroic Brawls but instead uses the Arena reward structure.
- One free entry to the brawl is given to all players.
How it Works
This Tavern Brawl is a cross between what we’re used to seeing for Heroic Brawls and bits of Arena.
- You will pay an entry fee equal to an Arena run to take part in this Tavern Brawl.
- Using cards in your own collection, you build a deck for the wild format.
- Like Arena or a Heroic Brawl, once you lose 3 games in the Wild Brawliseum you are out.
- Rewards will be given to players based on their performance with their deck, equal to the Arena reward structure as seen below.
- Your first run of this brawl will be free! There’s nothing to lose!
Vast: 5-3 with a Aggro Shaman deck
Showdown at Blackrock Mountain
How it Works
- Queue up and receive either Nefarian or Ragnaros as your hero.
- Ragnaros starts with 60 Health. His hero power is Molten Rage when initially summoned, which switches to DIE, INSECT! after Sulfuras has been destroyed.
- Nefarian starts with 30 Health and 30 Armor. His hero power is Wild Magic.
- Each deck contains very special cards with unique playstyles.
- Nefarian has an early game advantage in that he starts with extra mana crystals (4) and he can drop some great minions. Tons of RNG through his hero power though, so hope for the best!
- Ragnaros is weaker early game but if you get to turn 6 after always using your weapon, you get an amazing hero power. Make sure you mulligan for cheap cards to help!
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 1
Just plain awesome!
Captain_Anarchy from USA on February 19, 2018
You guys are awesome! I absolutely love this show. As a novice, this podcast is EXACTLY what players like me need! The content is great, the personalities are great, everything! So thanks so much for doing this for everyone and please keep the episodes coming! 5/5 all the way!
To start off, I love the show. Keep up the good work, you two! I was listening to last week’s episode (02/22) and heard that Vastidious has been playing with a new F2P account. Now I’m not sure if he has already unlocked Morgl the Oracle or not, but if he hasn’t, I’d definitely recommend that he uses the Recruit-a-Friend feature with his main account to get him. Especially since he’s starting a new run with his F2P account. Here’s the link: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/community/recruit-a-friend
Of course, I’m pretty sure you both already know (or probably already have) how to unlock this magical murloc.
Hi Espo and Co,
I’ve been playing hearthstone and listening to your podcast for a year and a half. Your show makes this game more friendly. How do you guys deal with losing streaks and staying positive? I usually make it to rank 8 and feel my soul slowly fade away.
Here’s my quick tip for this new ladder. On the last day of the month game on until you win two games in a row. This will set your new month up a win streak. You get rewarded on your highest star so it makes sense to lock in 2 wins.
Keep up the good work,
I just wanted to let you guys know how glad I am that I found y’all! I just started playing HS again after not playing for many years. I played at launch but with small kids in the house I eventually stopped before the first expansion came out. When I logged in the other day it said the last time that had happened was 2014! Now that the kiddos are a little bit older I have a little more time and decided to pick it back up.
Trying to learn the tons of new cards and strategies and play against some of those new decks with nothing but the old set ranges from a lot of fun to really frustrating. Lol. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still loving being back! And I’m sure listening to more of y’all’s episodes will help me get back in the swing of things even faster.
I’ve only listened to the most recent podcast so far but really l enjoyed it and looking forward to listening to some of the previous ones! Coincidentally, in addition to playing my old account I started a new one to go through the new player experience and get the shaman character for my original account so hearing y’all talk about that kinda mimicked my own experience – pretty cool lol Also I want to confirm that deck building is indeed the hardest part of HS! Hah!
Anyway, great show! Thanks for doing it! Looking forward to that 200th episode!
– John (Mal in game)
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette