- What’s up with Espo?
- New Legendary Minion, Marin the Fox.
- This past Monday, EVERYONE got Marin the Fox, 8 mana, 6/6 Legendary Minion, Battlecry: Summon a 0/8 Treasure Chest for your opponent. (Break it for awesome loot!)
- If you purchased a Virtual Ticket or attended BlizzCon, you will get a Golden version of Marin the Fox as well.
- Master Chest – 3 mana, 0/8 token, Deathrattle: Give your opponent a fantastic Treasure.
- Fantastic Treasures (all cost 3 mana):
- Tolin’s Goblet – Draw a card. Fill your hand with copies of it.
- Wondrous Wand – Draw 3 cards. They cost (0).
- Zarog’s Crown – Discover a Legendary minion. Summon two copies of it.
- Golden Kobold – 6/6 minion, Taunt. Battlecry: Replace your hand with Legendary Minions.
- Upcoming visual changes to Legendary/non-collectible cards
- You might have noticed that Marin the Fox’s Master Chest, lacks a rarity gem for a Legendary even though it contains the silver dragon portrait adornment. This is how non-collectible Legendary cards will be going forward.
- Rend Blackhand currently only targets Legendary cards which have the gem, and will be updated with the new expansion to target based on the silver dragon.
- The orange gem will only be present on all collectible Legendary cards.
- Silver Dragon will be present on all Legendary cards.
- Non-legendary cards will have these changes too, no rarity gem for non-collectible cards.
- Legendary weapons, like Ashbringer, will also lose their rarity gem and have a silver dragon.
- Twitch Prime members can now redeem a Golden Classic Hearthstone pack until January 9th of next year.
- Pack contains 5 golden cards
- Will not follow any pity timer rules
- And you get the pack on every Hearthstone region!
- And the Twitch page shows that in January, Twitch Prime members will get 2 more packs. Maybe expansion versions?
So what happened at BlizzCon? As expected, the newest expansion was announced. Kobolds and Catacombs!
- Releases in December. No specific date at this time.
- Card reveals will start on November 20th
- Pre-order is now available. $49.99 50 packs and a special card back.
- 135 new cards
- All classes are getting a Legendary Weapon and a Legendary Minion
- Recruit is a new keyword which summons minions from your deck based on criteria and puts it in play.
- We already talked about Marin the Fox earlier.
- Logging in when the expansion goes live in December will give you a free, random Legendary weapon.
- And there will be no balance changes with the launch of Kobolds and Catacombs.
- Dungeon Runs are a new type of PVE content, replacing the adventure.
- Dungeon Runs are completely free and they don’t require you to have any cards in your collection!!!!!!
- If you successfully complete the Dungeon Runs with every class, you will get a special card back.
More on Dungeon Runs
- New type of PvE content that is likely to have the most replayability of any single player content added so far.
- 48 encounters in total, which is made up of a huge assortment of cards created just for this mode. They sounded like they could potentially add more in the future.
- The way it works is you will progress through the dungeon’s 8 levels, fighting bosses that get progressively harder. You start out with 10 health and 15 cards. When you defeat a boss, you will have options to choose from several options like sets of 3 cards and other perks, like passive abilities. You continue on level by level, until you either die or complete all 8 levels. The last levels will be very challenging. If you fail, you have to start all over again and lose all the cards and perks you obtained.
- During the Q&A, Blizzard announced that they were going to add 9 new arena cards into the game for a limited time. Kind of an experiment to play with things. The cool thing is that they showed 3 cards, from each class and let the audience choose which of the three cards would be included in the game.
Hints and Tips
Save yo gold and re-roll those 40 gold quests!
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
I don’t think I’ve had this much bad luck since beta. 0 wins, 3 losses
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette