[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/lofipodcast/LOTI_105_Oink_2.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
What did you do this week?
Quests? Ranked play? Fun Guaranteed with friends?
- All the cards were revealed last Friday for ONiK. We’ll talk about those shortly.
- Patch went out today (6.0.0)
- Content added with the patch for the Adventure
- Added Flavor text for all the cards
- Added sounds
- Added new Brawl chalkboards
- Token balance changes. Most of the tokens had their costs increased by one. For example, the Treant mana cost is 2 now, up from 1; Sheep is 1, up from 0.
- Blizzard gets yelled at! After Purify was revealed (2 mana, Silence a friendly minion. Draw a card), the fanbase lost it. Kripparrian did a video ranting about it, especially in light of all the conversations we had before the adventure was announced about how the Priest needs help. 1st you need a minion on the board first. 2nd most of the effects you will be silencing are positive. Do something bad to your own stuff and then draw a card, when you have a minion on the board.
- Iksar responded on Reddit with the following statement: “We’ve had similar articles in the past about design stories for particular cards, I think the most recent one I remember discussed all the design iterations that Yogg went through. Card designs have a number of different goals, sometimes those goals are immediate competitive play and sometimes they shoot for something else. Things like flavor, arena viability, or sprinkling in tools for a new or existing archetype. In smaller sets, it can be a little risky to take a gamble on a new toolkit because there are fewer cards to work with. In the case of Priest, we were pretty happy with the amount of options the class was getting from neutral (Barnes, Curator*, Medivh, Dragon Cards) to do some testing with a new archetype that Purify could be a part of. In my mind there is some positive to the outcry over Purify because I think people will definitely try it out and report any successes/failures/stories they had building and playing a ‘silence your own stuff’ priest. None of this is to say anyone is wrong in their feedback, but just to communicate some of the ideas surrounding a card design. Hearthstone is important to all of us, and we’re trying to do better in terms of communication and understanding what different communities (like this one) are most interested in. I’ve been happy to be here and have a conversation about what you all want from the game, thanks for being so passionate about it. :D”
- Ben Brode did a video answering this issue and said that they are going to remove Purify from showing in the Arena. Designer Insights w-Brode
Espo Mode Storming Stormwind Lay siege to Stormwind! The city starts with 1 Health and goes up as you hit it. How much damage can YOU do?
OiNK Card discussion (Slideshow)
Vastidious – Nightbane Templar, Arcane Anomaly
SquishieDragon – Zoobot, Menagerie Magician
Espo – Cloaked Huntress, Arcanosmith
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
Facebook Shoutout: Marco: That moment when you open 10 packs and get two golden legendarys
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
If you want to check out SquishieDragon’s Art Stream, she streams Monday-Thursday, starting at 3pm CST: http://www.twitch.tv/squishiedragn
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette