[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/lofipodcast/LOTI_100_mixdown.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
This week we are talking to Dean “Iksar” Ayala…
What did you do this week?
- America Spring HCT – Cydonia wins
- Ben Brode commented on a Reddit thread this week about communication by Blizzard. He stressed that he tries to make himself available through quite a lot of avenues. He also replied to a few comments – (https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4q10ra/why_are_the_overwatch_devs_so_much_more/)
- Priests – Evaluating plans but not ready to reveal plans yet; thinks there are decks out there that haven’t been discovered.
- Warlock – No demons in WotOG was a flavor decision and possibly a mistake; more demons will be added since it’s a core function of Warlocks
- Interview with Yong Woo over at Velen’s Chosen (VelensChosen.com)-
- More players playing Standard than Wild
- Experimenting with ways to teach new players game concepts that are difficult to understand
Guest: Dean “Iksar” Ayala
Whispers of the Old Gods
- How far ahead do you plan? Are you mainly focusing on the next expansion/adventure? Is there a group that are looking well beyond that?
- Now that things have settled down a little bit since Whispers of the Old Gods, how did things turn out so far in your opinion?
- Are there any cards that have been used in ways you didn’t expect them to be used?
- Are there any cards that didn’t quite work out the way you had hoped them to?
- How is the split among people playing Standard vs Wild? Any thoughts on encouraging more people to play the least played of these?
- We’ve seen lots of complains about Priest being horrible recently. Any thoughts or plans to address this? Is there a vision for the Priest?
- Shaman is quite strong. Is there anything that needs to be adjusted?
- Will there ever be a counter to battlecries? Cancel a battlecry as it is played?
- What are some ideas you have for making the game more balanced for new players with smaller card collections?
- Any plans for a dual-player mode? Like a 2v2 friendly batte?
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
Twitter: @IksarHS I keep trying to think of designs for a new Warlock spell called ‘Fel Hug’ after watching the Warcraft movie.
Facebook Shoutout: Dave! For organizing a LOTI community tournament
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
If you want to check out SquishieDragon’s Art Stream, she streams Thursday, starting at 3pm CST: http://www.twitch.tv/squishiedragn
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette