Welcome to the Legend of the Innkeeper. We’re glad you could join us for our 83rd episode.
This week we are talking about… ideas for what to craft
What did you do this week?
Quests? Ranked play? Fun Guaranteed with friends?
Favorite Hero Art
Vastidious – Mage (Jaina Proudmoore)
SquishieDragon – Rogue (Valeera Sanguinar)
Espo – (Hunter) Alleria Windrunner
- Updates made to the new Standard Format FAQ’s
- Reward and Promotional cards will not be playable in Standard mode. (Old Murk-Eye, Captain’s Parrot, Elite Tauren Chieftain and Gelbin Mekkatorque)
- Old Murk-Eye and Captain’s Parrot no longer rewards for achievements after Standard mode goes live. Can only be crafted
- Early reports are that cards that might have changes made to them from the classic set are the following: Knife Juggler, Leper Gnome, Ancient of Lore and the Druid combo (Savage Roar, Force of Nature)
- Quote of the week – Zeriyah, Blizzard Community Manager, “The content we’re working on is really exciting… if anything, we may have gone a little too crazy with the next set!”
- Newest fun toy – Hearthpwn has created a Pack Opening Simulator. Can’t get enough pack opening? Can you open up the best pack? http://www.hearthpwn.com/packs
Clash of the Minions – “No time for cowards, spoiler! Playing minions gives them Charge and Taunt! Ok, here’s the Mulligan… go, go, GO!”
Another aggro deck creation Brawl. Using your own collection. Can’t we get back to some of the crazy pre-made decks that include even crazier cards?
See Email below with questions
So I want to craft a Legendary card! What should I craft?!?
Suggestion #1 – Save your dust and wait. Standard mode is coming. We don’t know what the synergy is going to be like. Will there be new mechs, dragons or deathrattle cards? In fact, I would even suggest you wait for 4 weeks after it releases before deciding what to craft.
If you must, suggestion #2
Craft one of the strongest Neutral Legendaries
Consider one of the stronger Class-specific Legendaries
Other Legendaries that might be good:
- Baron Geddon – Dr. Boom is gone as is many of the deathrattle minions. This might become a good replacement.
- Cairne Bloodhoof – With the Sludge Belcher gone Cairne might make his way back into play.
- The Black Knight – Possible that he might make it back into a few decks depending on how the meta shapes up.
- Bloodmage Thalnos – Might be seen more in the future. Spell damage + draw a card for 2 mana.
- Leeroy Jenkins – Could he find his way back into aggro decks?
Now that we’ve given you some ideas about what legendaries to craft, let’s talk a bit about some commons, some rares, and some epic cards that you might want to add to your collection.
Hints and Tips
Another collection navigation tip. When searching through your collection, you can type basic, common, rare, epic, or legendary to sort your cards this way.
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
Dear Legend of the Innkeeper,
I first want to say I love the show. Even though I don’t always learn something new, it’s not just about hearthstone. It’s about three people getting together and talking about something they are passionate about. Here’s what I love about the show: You guys are both hilarious and informative. Espo knows what he is doing and explains things very well. Squishie is just awesome and funny. Vastidious, you have a killer voice. Any person who can catch you guys live, should do so. You guys continue to hang out after the show and play decks and always responding to twitch chat. It’s just awesome.
Anyway, last week you guys had segment where you talked about different words or acronyms that people commonly use in hearthstone. It was very informative. I figured, maybe, you guys could answer some questions on important hearthstone people or groups that casuals may have heard of or you may have mentioned. For example, I heard people talking about Team 5. Who are they? What do they do? Why are they important? I’ve heard of people mention somebody named Trump. Who is he? What does he do? Anyway, that was my question or rather questions. Thanks for any help you can give.
Much appreciation for what you do.
Hello LOTI people!
I’m looking to get some feedback from the community, after joining a lot of fireside gatherings the last few months me and my friend are going to organize one ourselves in 2/3 weeks time. We’ve got a main tournament, a starters tournament and are putting together a hearthstone related pubquiz.
We got a prizepool of various blizzard merchandize, gift cards, funko pop figurines (thrall, sylvanas and arthas), a hearthstone pillow and some mini prizes.
My question for you is; what would you like to see at a fireside gathering in terms of activities? I really want it to be a success so any hints/tips/input is well appreciated!
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at email@example.com. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
If you want to check out SquishieDragon’s Art Stream, she streams Monday-Thursday, starting at 3pm CST: http://www.twitch.tv/squishiedragn
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette