- 1 BlizzCon
- 2 Intro:
- 3 Updates:
- 4 News
- 5 Espo Mode (aka Brawl)
- 6 BlizzCon 2015
- 7 Hints and Tips
- 8 Tournaments
- 9 Reviews and Emails
- 10 Outro
Welcome to the Legend of the Innkeeper. We’re glad you could join us for our 69th episode.
This week we are talking about…
What did you do this week?
- November’s card back a secret until Blizzcon
- HearthPwn’s new Innkeeper Hearthstone Collection Manager – http://www.innkeeper.com
- Lots of frustrated players posting various places (https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3rgwyn/what_a_week_what_a_lovely_week_summary_of_whats/ ) including Disguised Toast calling it quits – http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snpnst; Trolden Post – Thoughts on Hearthstone (https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3razmo/trolden_my_current_thoughts_on_hearthstone/)
- Japanese names of voice actors reveals possible new card names? (https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3rme2y/accidentally_leaked_names_of_17_new_cards_thanks/) –
This is the list of cards:
- Tyrande Whisperwind (New Priest Hero?)
- Lady Liadrin (New Paladin Hero?)
- Maiev Shadowsong (New Rogue Hero?)
- Captain Scaleblade (was shown originally in the TGT trailer – Ben Brode has reportedly confirmed when asked about him in the trailer, that he will be implemented in the game in the future)
- Chieftan Scarvash
- Museum Curator
- Ethereal Conjurer
- Dark Iron Weaponsmith
- Dark Summoner (Was in beta originally – 5 mana, 5/3 minion The first minion you play each turn will cost 3 less.) Might be reworked.
- Elise Starseeker
- Naga Sea Witch
- Sinister Cultist
- Arch-Thief Rafaam
- Blackrock Summoner
- Bloodaxe Ritualist
- Bloodsail Swashbuckler
Espo Mode (aka Brawl)
This week’s Brawl is the one we talked about last week, the Co-Op brawl! It’s awesome! Unite Against Mechazod! – Defeat the boss card Gearmaster Mechazod before he defeats either player. He swaps sides after each players turns and uses one of the following cards: Assassinate (Destroy an enemy minion), Bomb Salvo (Deal attack damage to up to 3 random targets), Overclock (Gain 2 Attack), Double Zap (Deal Attack damage to both players) and Kill the Lorewalker (Destroy Lorewalker Cho).
World Championship Tournament
Tournament starts on Friday at 11:45 am PST; Semi-finals on Saturday at 10:30 am PST; Finals at 2pm PST.
Participants: Thijs, Kranich, Ostkaka, Pinpingho, DieMeng, Kno, Zoro, Hotform
The Hearthstone Exhibition this year at Blizzcon on Friday is special edition of Challengestone. The participants, which will be some of the Hearthstone casters, will have to compete not only in gameplay, but also in timed deck building with an interesting twist. Players will build three decks of separate classes while adhering to a special rule (like you would have in Tavern Brawl (or affectionately known as Espo mode) in a limited amount of time.
Participants : Frodan, Savjz, Amaz, Kibler
Casters: Kripparrian & Reynad
Asked the Patreon Facebook Group for their ideas:
- Tournament Mode
- New Class
- Adventure Mode – Icecrown Citadel; Sunwell; Barren’s Chat; Ulduar
- Co-op Mode
- Deck Slots
- Changes to how seasons (ladder) work (Tiers that you advance through)
- Warcraft Movie Trailer (confirmed)
- “Going forward we will be eliminating all cards that are mean. We will determine which cards are mean by Reddit posts. The more people who whine, the faster we make the change. All changed cards are changed to vanilla stats because those aren’t mean. We have also listened to everyone who wanted a Tournament mode so we are introducing a randomized tournament mode where you will pick a random class with a random hero power and random cards with random texts. If you win you get a random chest with random cards and a randomized amount of dust or gold.” -Ben Brode
- All of these changes will make mage and paladin even stronger in arena, and warrior even worse because we completely forgot Arena was a thing.
- Players who select Mage or Pally are now allowed to import their constructed decks and skip the draft portion.
- Also, if a card is common they will be allowed to put up to 8 copies in their deck since arena odds say they were going to get 4 fireballs and 3 flamestrikes and 5 frost bolts anyway.
Hints and Tips
- New card highlight tip
There is no tournament. There is only Blizzcon V_V
Top BlizzCon announcement you are looking forward to:
Vastidious – Hearthstone’s Next Thing
Ariannwyn – Raaaaaaaids
CvltClvssic – Hearthstone’s Next Thing
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 2
Real people, Real Fun! – Razmalibul
The hosts of Legend of the Innkeeper have done an amazing job creating an inviting and supportive community of all kinds of players, from the completely new player to the consistently legendary. The weekly podcast itself is awesome and definitely worth listening to every week but I really want to focus on the community. If your friends list is empty you will most definitely fill it up with these guys! Listen to the show, join the Facebook group… You’ll never be at a loss for friends to play with! Watch the twitch stream and play with the hosts and other people in the community after the show! Fun guaranteed!
Best Show Notes – HARD NORRIS
Subscribe for the show notes alone! By far the best produced show notes of nearly ANY podcast I’ve seen. Seemingly Written by a pro. Worth subscriber for just for those. Great work!
@mjestrada914 – Michael
Finally my first golden hero! been climbing the ladder really fast with warrior last couple of days, didnt make legend last season, now I got plenty of time to do it though grin emoticon
Check out DragonriderDK’s Twitter stream – @dawniedk And see her Blizzcon Food
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed. As well as new articles from Kraska each week
Check out DragonRider’s stream on Wed, Thurs, and Fri mornings at www.twitch.tv/dragonriderdk
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow the show on Twitter @LOTIpodcast. However since I never check this twitter, Follow Ariannwyn (@AriannwynHS) and Espo (@Xcmtbgamer) on twitter also!
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette