[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/lofipodcast/LOTI_068_TGT_Warlock.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Welcome to the Legend of the Innkeeper. We’re glad you could join us for our 68th episode.
This week we are talking about…
What did you do this week?
Top 3 of the week
Vastidious – Dreadsteed
Ariannwyn – Dark Bargain
Espo – Dreadsteed
- Blizzard Will Roll Out Battle.Net voice chat with Overwatch (http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/23/blizzard-voice-chat-battle-net-overwatch-beta/)
- Rumor that some changes will be coming with the ladder next season (https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3qitbk/ladder_changes_to_come_next_season/)
- The show is now available on Google Play once Podcasts are added
Spiders? Captain’s Brawl?
Warlock TGT Cards
[Deamonfuse] – 2 mana spell, Give a Demon +3/+3. Give your opponent a Mana Crystal.
- Negative: Gives a mana crystal to your opponent.
- Not a whole lot of good to say about this card.
Recommendation: There are better cards to choose from. A lot of people feel like this is one of the worst cards in the game.
[Tiny Knight of Evil] – 2 mana, Demon, Whenever you discard a card, gain +1/+1.
- At first glance it looks like Blizzard is wanting to create a Discard Warlock.
- Synergizes with [Fist of Jaraxxus]
Recommendation: This card is more of a card that makes some of the old card’s ‘discard’ drawback less of a problem. Might be more useful with future expansions?
[Wrathguard] – 2 mana, 4 / 3 Demon, Whenever this minion takes damage, also deal that amount to your hero.
- The best way to think about this card is similar to a [Zombie Chow] or a weapon. You will want to use it early in the game, if at all.
Recommendation: Be careful… mind your manners
[Dreadsteed] – 4 mana, 1 / 1 Demon, Deathrattle: Summon a Dreadsteed.
- The card’s flavor text is in reference to a Reddit user (Crescendo1909) who has been fighting cancer for the last year and thanked Hearthstone on YouTube. (https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/304vqp/thank_you_hearthstone_a_goodbye_from_a_passionate/)
- Flavor text: Crescendo himself summoned this steed, riding it to victory in the Grand Tournament. Wherever he rides, an army of riders ride behind him, supporting the legendary champion.
- Crescendo is still doing well and doctors think he could make a full recovery. Here is an update he posted: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3hdpzr/dreadsteeds_new_flavor_text_refers_to/
- Combos well with: [Anima Golem] (6 mana, 9/9 Mech, At the end of each turn, destroy this minion if it’s your only one.); [Sacrificial Pact] (0 mana spell, Destroy a Demon. Restore 5 health to your hero.); [Demonfuse] (mentioned before); [Demonfire] (2 mana spell, Deal 2 damage to a minion. If it’s a friendly Demon, give it +2/+2 instead.); [Demonheart] (5 mana spell, Deal 5 damage to a minion. If it’s a friendly Demon, give it +5/+5 instead.)
- Fill your board using [Baron Rivendare] (4 mana, Legendary 1/7 minion, Your minions trigger their Deathrattle twice.) and then play Malganis (9 mana, Legendary 9/7 minion, Your other Demons have +2/+2. Your hero is immune).
Recommendation: Can be lots of fun. It is susceptible to Silence, Polymorph and Earth Shock. However, it can cause problems by filling your board so that you can’t play other minions.
[Fist of Jaraxxus] – 4 mana spell, When you play or discard this, deal 4 damage to a random enemy.
- Combos well with cards that have Discard; [Succubus], [Doomguard] and [Soulfire].
- The Discard must be from your hand and won’t work with [Fel Reaver] (https://twitter.com/CM_Whirthun/status/629709307332837377)
- Also doesn’t work with [Deathwing], because it destroys all minions first then discards hand.
Recommendation: Play this and win. More.
[Dark Bargain] – 6 mana spell, Destroy 2 random enemy minions. Discard 2 random cards.
- Combos well with some of the other discard cards mentioned earlier. ([Fist of Jaraxxus] and [Tiny Knight of Evil])
- Use this card like [Sabotage] or [Deadly Shot]. You want to eliminate any minions on the board you can before using it to get the results you are looking for.
- Can reach minions behind taunt.
Recommendation: Would work well in a deck designed with discard in mind.
[Void Crusher] – 6 mana, 5/4 Demon, Inspire: Destroy a random minion for each player.
- Combos well with [Dreadsteed], [Fencing Coach], [Maiden of the Lake]
- Can hit minions that are stealthed or behind taunt.
- It’s random.
- Can kill himself.
Recommendation: Play this when you have more minions than your opponent
[Fearsome Doomguard] – 7 mana, 6/8 Demon.
- Not a BGH target
- Combos well with [Voidcaller]
Recommendation: Good for a mid-range Warlock deck. Kind of expensive at 7 mana.
[Wilfred Fizzlebang] – 6 mana, 4/4 minion, Cards you draw from your Hero Power cost (0).
- Does not work with Chromaggus
- Easy to kill/silence
- Not as great as he sounds.
- Did you notice Jaraxxus looming behind him? Wilfred is the one who summoned Jaraxxus.
Recommendation: Craft this now, Like Espo.
Hints and Tips
Hero Power for Warlock is beneficial… over-do it!
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 1
Fantastic Podcast – MikeInDaFort
this is a very enjoyable show. As a ‘gamer on a budget’, I find myself in that niche of wanting to be a serious player, but due to resource constraints having to slide more to the casual/free to play side. More than once, I have wanted to rage quit and listening to this show has ‘talked me off the ledge’. I find the banter between the 3 hosts to be very entertaining. Good job team.
@AriannwynHS @lotipodcast love your guys podcast I recently started listening. I’ve been trying to meet new people to play with, but don’t have many people.
Is Lore Walker Cho more Friend or more Foe? Lol… Seriously.. Just kidding.. No I mean it…
friend if you have board control, otherwise foe, had some games where it came out of piloted shredder for the other player, it won me the game
100% Friendly Foe
Lore Walker Cho is my favorite card to bring into constructed brawl.
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed. As well as new articles from Kraska each week
Check out DragonRider’s stream on Wed, Thurs, and Fri mornings at www.twitch.tv/dragonriderdk
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow the show on Twitter @LOTIpodcast. However since I never check this twitter, Follow Ariannwyn (@AriannwynHS) and Espo (@Xcmtbgamer) on twitter also!
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes and on Google Play!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette