[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/lofipodcast/LOTI_058_Before_or_after_Mogor.mp3″ image=”http://www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/LOTI-Artwork-Small.jpg” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
- 1 Before or After Mogor?
- 2 Intro:
- 3 Updates:
- 4 News
- 4.1 1. DoA announced on the OGN HS Masters stream new exclusive card back
- 4.2 2. According to research firm SuperData, Hearthstone makes $20 million a month
- 4.3 3. Blizzard trademarks ‘Compete’
- 4.4 4. The Grand Tournament – The Joust!
- 4.5 5. Reddit calculates how many cards the average person should get with 50 packs
- 4.6 6. Hearthstone is opening up an API for developers to use
- 5 Espo Mode
- 6 Getting Better
- 7 Hints and Tips
- 8 Tournaments
- 9 Reviews and Emails
- 10 Outro
Before or After Mogor?
Welcome to the Legend of the Innkeeper. We’re glad you could join us for our 58th episode.
This week we are talking about… What the rest of the Neutral cards are.
What did you do this week?
Top 3 of the week
1. DoA announced on the OGN HS Masters stream new exclusive card back
Not sure who DoA is, but they announced the other day that the attendees to a Hearthstone esports event in Busan, South Korea, would be receiving an exclusive currently unreleased card back in addition to 10 TGT card packs. And the card back will be available to spectators during other esports events in the future. http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/974-esports-card-back-new-card-reveal-icehowl-sea
2. According to research firm SuperData, Hearthstone makes $20 million a month
In their recent report on Digital Collectable Card Games, SuperData has said that Hearthstone is now bringing in $20 million a month. In a surprising comparison, DOTA 2, the second most popular MOBA game, is only bringing in $18 million a month. https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/building-the-arcade-next-gen-market-insight/
3. Blizzard trademarks ‘Compete’
Blizzard has just filed for a trademark on ‘Compete’, an online service that would help you “organize and promote” eSports tournaments and ladders. The trademark also states “to create and customize tournament brackets and ladders, track tournament progress, maintain related statistics and post results.” This appears to be related to TeSPA’s Compete series of tournaments for college students. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/251015/Blizzard_registers_trademark_for_Compete_eSports_service.php
5. Reddit calculates how many cards the average person should get with 50 packs
89 unique cards out of the 132 – 93% of commons, 62% of rares, 21% of epics, 14% of legendaries and 1100 dust
6. Hearthstone is opening up an API for developers to use
Developers understand this more than us casual players, but it’s something that should be mentioned. Blizzard announced they are opening up an API connection that would allow developers to connect their application or website to a feed that will help them have more accurate data. This could lead to nice community websites with player profiles data, like seasonal rankings. http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/18719271908
The Great Summoner Competition
We have another constructed deck Brawl this week. Not very New Player friendly, but loads of fun. Troggzor and his lesser costed brethren were a lot of fun in this. Along with Lorewalker Cho and Loatheb to slow the game down a bit.
Blizzard reveals the remaining Grand Tournament cards!
We will talk about the Neutral cards that were revealed this past week.
- Last week we talked about the new card Astral Communion, which is a 4 mana card that reads “Gain 10 mana crystals. Discard your hand.” This week there was some additional clarification about the card when you already have 10 mana crystals. If you have 10 mana already, you will receive 1 excess mana when you play this card.
- Someone asked Zeriyah if the best rank feature was being tracked right now on Twitter. She responded that it will be after the patch is live. Then it will start tracking at that point. https://twitter.com/CM_Zeriyah/status/631207456677310468
- Hearthhead has a great post about which Legendary TGT card you should considering craft. http://www.hearthhead.com/news=248757/the-grand-tournament-what-should-i-consider-crafting
Hints and Tips
You will be a better player with notes! Before Hearthstone Decktracker and other applications that can track your game, I used paint and screenshots of my deck. This is a great way to keep track of the cards you’ve played and remain in your deck. I also like to keep track of the cards that my opponent has played. This is very useful in constructed as opposed to Arena.
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: None
Emails: Donnie – So Glad I Found Your Podcast!
I’m a relatively new listener, and looking over everything you’ve covered, I decided to start listening from the beginning so I downloaded the entire feed and started listening at Episode 1 and just finished listening to the episode on Shaman Strategy. You both had me laughing throughout, but when Arianwynn said she liked to throw down “giant fatty taunts” I nearly snorted in my tea. I just threw my head back and cackled – she’s absolutely precious!
Like others have commented, I do love the father-daughter dynamic, you two work so great together and it’s so wonderful to see a father-daughter team like this, which is all too rare in the world today – and it’s a joy to listen to. It’s like I’ve been getting to know you both as I listen to the episodes and I’m learning a lot about Hearthstone in the process and have been having much more fun with the game that I had been previously. I’m looking forward to the episodes of you covering the expansions but at present I’m soaking up all the great info you have on each of the classes and their dynamics.
Thanks so much for the wonderful podcast, you’re both doing an incredible job!
Having now seen all the cards for TGT I think I might have to start learning Shamen now. Never really played Shamen past lvl 10, but some those new cards I think I fancy some totem fun.
Anyone else looking forward to playing something new they don’t usually play?
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed. As well as new articles from Kraska every other week
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow the show on Twitter @LOTIpodcast. However since I never check this twitter, Follow Ariannwyn (@AriannwynHS) and Espo (@Xcmtbgamer) on twitter also!
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette