- Hearthstone : Lost Secrets of Un’Goro?
- On Monday, one of the voice actresses who has worked with many Blizzard titles apparently added a new entry to her resume in which the game was listed as Hearthstone: Lost Secrets of Un’Goro. Shortly after this was spread like wildfire around the internet, it was removed and she started sending out tweets to numerous news sites asking them to retract the news item stating that it might be trouble for her because of an NDA. Later that evening, those messages were removed from Twitter as well.
- You can now buy Hearthstone packs with WoW tokens
- You can now use World of Warcraft in game gold to buy WoW tokens. You can then convert those tokens into either WoW game time or $15 of Battle.net currency, in which you can buy packs.
- Blizzard officially announces the Hearthstone Global Games
- Will feature teams from 48 different countries, fighting to make it to the finals later in the year.
- Top player in each country is invited to represent their country. And additional 3 players per team is voted on by the community.
- Format: Best of five, class vs class format with nine unique classes per team. Each player will have 2 classes they can play and the ninth class is designated as the “Ace deck” and is played in game five.
- Phase 1: Separated into 8 groups, each group of 6 teams play each other, top 3 teams from each group advances to Phase 2.
- Phase 2: 24 remaining teams placed into six groups, each groups of 4 teams play each other. Top 2 teams from each group and the four highest 3rd place teams advance.
- Phase 3: Remaining 16 teams go into single elimination bracket. Top 4 teams go to the live Global Games finals.
- Finals: Best of 9, class vs class format. Single elimination.
- Prizes: 1st place, $15,000 per player on winning team; 2nd $10,000; 3rd & 4th $5,000.
- Ben Brode posted another update
- In the past 2 weeks, 30% of players were playing Shaman on the Legend ladder
- 17% of players were playing Shaman when all ranks are included.
- This includes all types of Shaman decks
- For reference, the worst point in history, balance wise, was Undertaker Hunter, where Hunter was being played by 35% of players across all ranks.
- The ‘pirate package’ of Small-time Buccaneer and Patches the Pirate is being played in roughly 50% of decks above rank 5.
- The average win-rate for Aggro Shaman is 53%, which is currently the highest win-rate deck in the meta.
- There has never been a ‘best deck’ with a lower win-rate than this.
- It only has a 35% win-rate against Control Warrior, which is tuned against it.
- There will be a patch at the end of the month.
- An announcement about balance changes will be made around a week or so before that.
The Gift Exchange Brawl
Great Father is dropping crates on the battlefield! Get a gift each time you smash your opponent’s crate… or your own!
Notable cards: Crazed Alchemist, Kooky Chemist, Confuse, etc.
If you complete this brawl, you will earn the Holiday card back. If you already had the cardback, you got a Classic pack instead.
Mean Streets Warrior
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
Facebook Shoutout: Wil
When you think you aren’t doing that well in Hearthstone, remember that even getting to rank 17 puts you in the top 45% of all players!
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at [email protected] You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette