This week we are talking about… Mage cards
What did you do this week?
Quests? Ranked play? Fun Guaranteed with friends?
- Hearthstone Adventure to be announced on July 28th
- Invites have been sent out to an upcoming stream which is assumed to be the announcement of the next adventure. The stream is happening Thursday, July 28th at 11pm PDT.
- Several tweets went out with familiar characters in party attire. http://www.hearthhead.com/news=254524/blizzard-posts-party-minions-more-clues-from-china
- A new patch has a new flag under an event. ‘Set_rotation_2016_free_packs’. Does this mean that we might see more free packs with the adventure?
- Blizzcon Virtual Tickets are now available for purchase. You can also purchase a Blizzcon Goody Bag in a box for $35 which includes a Blizzcon X commemorative stein, WoW faction coaster, HotS ETC guitar pick keychain, Hearthstone microfiber tablet cleaning cloth, Overwatch inflatable Reinhardt hammer, Starcraft II Baby Overlord antenna topper and a D3 gaming dice set. If you are going in person to Blizzcon, you will get a Goody bag in a box when you arrive at the show. (https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/20194252)
Twilight Flamecaller – 3 mana, 2/2 minion, Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to all enemy minions
Great card in Arena. It’s like Arcane Explosion with a body. FYI his damage doesn’t get boosted by Spell Damage.
Shatter – 2 mana spell, Destroy a Frozen minion.
Not many really good options for using this card with the current Freeze cards. However one good combo is Ice Lance and then Shatter. A 3 mana 2 card destroy a minion of your choice option.
Servant of Yogg-Saron – 5 mana, 5/4 minion, Battlecry: Cast a random spell that costs (5) or less (targets chosen randomly).
Best played when you don’t have ANY minions on the board and your opponent does. The typical result of this card is “Played this. It fireballed itself.” or “Played on a board with 2 enemy minions, none of mine. It polymorphs itself.” Needless to say this is a random mess. And I love it.
Forbidden Flame – 0 mana spell, Spend all your Mana. Deal that much damage to a minion.
Best thing about the card is that it is a spell you can cast for 0 mana, triggering a lot of different things like Yogg-Saron. Occasionally you can use it for actual damage.
Faceless Summoner – 6 mana, 5/5 minion, Battlecry: Summon a random 3-cost minion.
All I am going to say. Brann Bronzebeard (3 mana minion)
Demented Frostcaller – 4 mana, 2/4 minion, After you cast a spell, Freeze a random enemy.
Good to combo with Ice Lance and Shatter.
Cult Sorcerer – 2 mana, 3/2 minion, Spell Damage +1. After you cast a spell, give your C’Thun +1/+1 (wherever it is).
Good in a C’Thun deck.
Cabalist's Tome – 5 mana spell, Add 3 random Mage spells to your hand.
Awesome with your Yogg deck.
[Anomlus] – 8 mana minion, Deathrattle: Deal 8 damage to all minions.
Vastidious – Forbidden Flame
SquishieDragon – Shatter
Espo – Forbidden Flame
Hints and Tips
Save your gold if you haven’t already
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
Hey guys and gals!!
Stepped away from Hearthstone for various reasons over the last couple of months, but I’m getting an itch to come back, so I need your help.
Can you all suggest a couple of decks that I can use to get back into the game. Meta decks? Fun decks? Ridiculous-combo-that-will-only-ever-work-once-in-a-blue-moon-but-when-it-does-its-amazing decks? I really don’t mind! Just need a little help reacquainting myself with the game.
Thanks in advance!
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at [email protected] You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
If you want to check out SquishieDragon’s Art Stream, she streams Monday-Thursday, starting at 3pm CST: http://www.twitch.tv/squishiedragn
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette