This week we are talking about… WotOG: Druid
What did you do this week?
Quests? Ranked play? Fun Guaranteed with friends?
- PC version is broken for a lot of people, including me. (http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fhearthstone%2Fen%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F20746904543%3Fpage%3D1&h=BAQEkJU5I) UPDATE: it’s working again
- Blizzard has hosted a Fireside Gathering at the University of California, Irvine campus and gave away prizes including a mysterious invitation which we can only presume is for the next adventure announcement!
- “You are cordially invited to a most majestic, marvelous, magical event, the likes of which have never been seen before,” the golden ticket reads. “It is our most sincere hope that you’ll be able to join us!”
- Date for Release/Announcement? Maybe at Gamescom in Germany August 17-21? Blizzard has announced that they will be there.
- Two Raids have risen to the top of the list of possible locations. Karazhan and Ulduar
- BACKGROUND INFO: “Medivh, the Last Guardian, made his home in Deadwind Pass, in the bright tower of Karazhan. Though he was the greatest wizard of his day (and humanity’s intended custodian) Medivh was secretly possessed by the dark spirit of Sargeras, the Destroyer of Worlds. Through Medivh, Sargeras opened the Dark Portal and allowed the orcs to wage war upon the kingdoms of Azeroth.
As the war progressed, Medivh fought against Sargeras’ control. The raging conflict within him finally drove the wizard irrevocably insane, until his childhood friend, Anduin Lothar, aided Medivh’s young apprentice, Khadgar in storming Karazhan and slaying their former comrade. Since that day, a terrible curse has pervaded both the tower and the lands around it – casting a dark pall over Deadwind Pass and the region that is now known as Duskwood.
In recent years, nobles of Darkshire ventured into Deadwind Pass to investigate the blight that had settled over the region. None who entered the dark tower ever emerged.”
- Medivh was possessed by Sargeras, leader of the Burning Legion and a fallen Titan. His home was Karazhan, an ancient tower in Deadwind Pass. The card Echo of Medivh gets it’s name from this character, as you run into an apparition of Medivh and encounter Shadowbeasts.
- One of the characters we could potentially run into would be Nightbane.
- It’s possible that we could see our first Mage, Priest, Druid or Warlock weapon, Atiesh. Medivh is actually holding it in his Hearthstone art. Following his death, it’s broken into many, many pieces. These end up in the hands of Brann Bronzebeard, who somehow loses portions to C’Thun and Kel’Thuzad.
- In WoW, the staff can be obtained by the following classes, Mage, Priest, Druid or Warlocks, each having slightly different stats. In WoW the weapon would have different color cloth on the staff to differentiate it. The staff’s effect was that it could open a portal to Medivh’s tower at Karazhan. Maybe something Blizzard could play off of.
- In WoW, the mage version would increase the critical strike chance of nearby party members; Warlocks and Priests increased spell power; Druids increased Spirit.
- We’re not likely to see a process by which we gather the pieces and reassemble the staff like you can in WoW, because we just did that in League of Explorers.
- Don’t forget that there are some awesome events that could be done from the Raid, like The Opera Event where you had the plays, The Wizard of Oz, Big Bad Wolf and Romulo and Julianne. Also there is the Chess Event.
- BACKGROUND INFO: “Since discovering Ulduar in the Storm Peaks, adventurers have journeyed to the titan city to learn more about its mysterious past. Further exploration has revealed that the magnificent complex is above all a prison, intended to permanently confine the Old God of death, Yogg-Saron. This ancient horror has corrupted its guards, and now it is breaking through the last of its restraints.
Faced with the peril of Yogg-Saron’s imminent freedom, a band of mortals has made preparations for a sweeping assault on the city. Overcoming the legions of iron minions and towering defenses at the city’s entrance will take tremendous strength, but even that great victory may not be enough to overcome the madness that dwells below.”
- Ulduar is a raid dungeon found in the Titan complex of Ulduar, located in the Storm Peaks. It’s the prison holding the old god, Yogg-Saron as well as the current residence of most of the watchers that are under his influence.
- It’s best known for its interactive ways of activating hard mode. An example is that if you defeated Thorim’s gauntlet in under 3 minutes, it would activate hard mode.
- The Yogg-Saron hardmode was notable for having varying degrees of difficulty. The basic version, players received assistance in the form of buffs from all four keepers. If you did not speak to a Keeper before pulling Yogg, you would lose that buff. This could allow Blizzard to create some unique ways for unlocking Heroic modes.
- Also many existing cards come from this Raid, including: Flame Leviathan, Mimiron’s Head, V-07-TR-0N, Yogg-Saron, Magma Rager, Kirin Tor Mage, Alexstrasza, Malygos, Ysera and Brann Bronzebeard. And many have asked for seeing Algalon the Observer, who was sent to Azeroth to analyze the level of corruption. Depending on what was discovered, he would send a code back to the Titans. If he sent the Omega code, it would trigger a ‘re-originate’ event that would cleanse Azeroth of corruption, including killing everything currently living on it.
- PSA: Save your gold if you aren’t already
- Yesterday, an update to the Battle.net client included encrypted data for a Hearthstone Test Client. What could this mean? Could that mean there will be a Public Test Realm? Or just another way for Blizzard to test out new expansions? Or it could be just to test bug patches, make system tweaks and to test card balances.
WotOG – Druid
You can’t start talking about the new WotOG cards for Druid without talking about the nerfs that came before. Compared to what it was before the changes went live, it’s nowhere close to what it used to be. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
Popular decks are all over the place. Decks like the C’Thun Druid, Token Druid, Beast Druid, Ramp Druid and many Yogg variations.
And Fandral has been awesome and many are saying that it’s the best Legendary class card in the expansion. The expansion brought many changes to the class that forced it to explore options OTHER than Force of Nature + Savage Roar for the win.
Ancient of Lore – Reduced the number of cards drawn from 2 to 1.
Was: 7 mana, 5/5 – Choose One: Draw 2 cards; or Restore 5 Health.
Now: 7 mana, 5/5 – Choose One: Draw a card; or Restore 5 Health
Force of Nature – Lowered mana cost by 1 but removed Charge and makes the Treants permanent.
Was: 6 mana spell – Summon three 2/2 treants with Charge that die at the end of your turn.
Now: 5 mana spell – Summon three 2/2 treants.
Keeper of the Grove – Stats were changed from 2/4 to 2/2.
Was: 4 mana, 2/4 – Choose One: Deal 2 damage; or Silence a minion
Now: 4 mana, 2/2 – Choose One: Deal 2 damage; or Silence a minion
Addled Grizzly – 3 mana, 2/2 Beast, After you summon a minion, give it +1/+1
Dark Arakkoa – 6 mana, 5/7 minion, Taunt. Give your C’Thun +3/+3 (wherever it is).
Fandral Staghelm – Legendary minion, 4 mana, 3 / 5 minion, Your Choose One cards have both effects combined.
Feral Rage – 3 mana spell, Chose One – Give your hero +4 Attack this turn; or Gain 8 Armor.
Really good when used with Fandral.
Forbidden Ancient – 1 mana, 1/1 minion, Battlecry: Spend all your Mana. Gain +1/+1 for each mana spent.
Does not work with Brann Bronzebeard. Dies to Earth Shock instantly.
Klaxxi Amber-Weaver – 4 mana, 4 / 5 minion, Battlecry: If your C’Thun has at least 10 Attack, gain +5 Health.
Can be neutralized with Silence, but it’s still a 4/ 5 minion. Decent card but in a C’Thun deck.
Mark of Y'Shaarj – 2 mana spell, Give a minion +2/+2. If it’s a Beast, draw a card.
T1 – Coin into Druid of the Saber (stealth form), T2 – Mark of Y'Shaarj = 5/4 Stealthed Beast
Mire Keeper – 4 mana, 3/3 minion, Choose One – Summon a 2/2 Slime; or gain an empty Mana Crystal.
Wisps of the Old Gods – 7 mana spell, Choose One – Summon seven 1/1 Wisps; or Give your minions +2/+2.
Used in conjunction with Fandral Staghelm, Power of the Wild, Savage Roar and Soul of the Forest. Check out J4CKIECHAN’s Flood Druid deck (http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/j4ckiechans-yogg-saron-token-druid/)
Top Druid card art
Vastidious – Forbidden Ancient
Espo – Mire Keeper
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 1
Fantastic for any Hearthstone players
MrTonyWatkins from United Kingdom
I’ve tried quite a lot of Hearthstone podcasts but this is by far the best. The crew really make an effort to connect with all the community of listeners, it feels like I’m listening to friends chat about my favourite subjects. The banter is great, the audio and visual quality is outstanding and above all it’s soooo much fun.. I should mention that I am a very casual player but the help and tips from these guys has got me well and truly hooked to a fantastic game. Keep up the good work guys.
Me and my son Miles (10) love listening to your show each week.
Thanks for keeping it family friendly.
We’re happy to support the show.
This week!!! #FunGuaranteed with Friends! – Thomas Esposito
Jeff and Miles Kaufmann
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at email@example.com. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
If you want to check out SquishieDragon’s Art Stream, she streams Monday-Thursday, starting at 3pm CST: http://www.twitch.tv/squishiedragn
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette