Welcome to the Legend of the Innkeeper. We’re glad you could join us for our 88th episode.
This week we are talking about…
What did you do this week?
Quests? Ranked play? Fun Guaranteed with friends?
- Possible leak of release date? – A reddit user posted a screenshot from the client. When you click on the Naxxramas bundle in the Battle.net shop, a warning message comes up saying that on April 26th, you can only use those cards in Wild Format.
- Ben Brode says on Twitter – “lots of UI changes when Standard goes live.” “Specifically for sorting of sets”
- Question to Ben Brode – @tomaskrag – “Will the mulligan phase ever see change?” @bdbrode – “yes, it’s something we’d like to do”
- Esports Arena Announcement – Starting April 14th starts @ 11am PST – WSOS World Series of Sealed – Hearthstone Sealed Deck Invitational. (twitch.tv/esportsarena) – Featuring: Reynad, Trump, Strifecro, VLPS, Firebat; Casted by: Frodan & TJ Sanders
- Hallazeal clarification – @giffenaw “Suppose I’m playing Shaman at 3 health with Hallazeal out, and I play Hellfire (gotten from. say. Spellslinger). Do I die?” “Hallazeal wording implies yes, I would die (as I would heal after the damage is dealt), but it’s be nice to get confirmation :)” @bdbrode – “nobody dies until everything finishes.”
- At 6 cost, it’s likely that the card will last 1 turn making it 4/8. 6 mana for a 4/8 isn’t that great. But if you can get it to go one more round, a 8/8 for 6 is great.
- What about this in a Rogue deck with conceal or Master of Disguise? Or better yet, turn 8, This + Conceal (Give your minions stealth until next turn – 1 mana) + Cold Blood (Give a minion +2 attack Combo: +4 Attack instead – 1 mana) = awesome = start of next turn it’s a 12/8
- Another Rogue combo idea = Turn 9, Scaled Nightmare + 2 Cold Bloods + Conceal = 20 damage next turn
- Another combo idea – Divine Spirit (Double a minion’s health – 2 mana) + Inner Fire (Change a minions attack to be equal to it’s health – 1 mana) = 2/8 becomes 2/16, becomes 16/16. Start of your turn, it’s suddenly 32/16???
- Paladin – Seal of Champions – (Give a minion +3 Attack and Divine Shield – 3 mana)
- Watch out for Cabal Shadow Priest as a counter OR Blessing of Kings (Give a minion +4/+4 – 4 mana) makes it 6/12, then next turn 12/12.
- Weak to silence and slow to mature (weak to many cheap removals)
Steward of Darkshire
- Can anyone say viable Magma Rager? (5/1 minion)
- Paladin Zoo decks? Include with Blood Knight (3 mana, All minions lose Divine Shield. Gain +3/+3 for each shield lost)
- Combo with Stand Against Darkness (5mana, Summon 5 1/1 Silver Hand Recruits)
- Combo with Twilight Drake (4 mana, 4/1, Gain +1 health for each card in your hand)
- Noble Sacrifice (1 mana secret, when an enemy attacks, summon a 2/1 defender as the new target)
- Redemption (1 mana secret, when one of your minions dies, return it to life with 1 health)
- Violet Teacher (4 mana, 3/ 5, When you cast a spell summon a 1/1 Violet Apprentice)
- Onyxia (9 mana, 8/8, Summon 1/1 whelps until your side of the board is full)
- Illidan Stormrage (6 mana, 7/5, Whenever you play a card, summon a 2/1 Flame of Azzinoth)
- Faceless Shambler (4 mana, 1/1, Taunt, Battlecry: Copy a friendly minion’s Attack and Health). Copy a 8/8 Giant or Dragon? = 8/8 minion, with Taunt and Divine Shield!
- Also works with: Abusive Sergeant, Leper Gnome, Southsea Deckhand, Tournament Attendee, Worgen Infiltrator, Bluegill Warrior, Ironbeak Owl, Loot Hoarder, Novice Engineer and Wolfrider.
- Combo with Brann
- BGH target, however using BGH on this leaves one less removal for C’Thun
- Would it be better to play Ethereal Conjurer? (6/3 minion, Battlecry: Discover a spell, 6 mana)
- Casino Mage or Reno Mage or Fatigue Mage
- If you hate RNG, you will Hate this card
- Has potential to give you more Ice Blocks to extend out the game
- It’s essentially the discover mechanic where you get all 3 cards instead of picking one.
Y’Shaarj, Rage Unbound
- Combo with Naga Sea Witch (5 mana, 5/5, You cards cost 5)
- He’s a slightly altered Varian Wrynn
- Really would have to have a deck with fat minions, less with battlecrys would be ideal. Minions with taunt too, like: Sunwalker, Ironbark Protector & Volcanic Lumberer
- And end of turn effects do not trigger when the minion is summoned to the board.
- Removal bait. If not taken care of, can summon C’Thun, Deathwing, N’Zoth, Y’Shaarj or Sea Giant.
- Combo with Master of Disguise (4 mana, 4/4, Battlecry: Give a friendly minion stealth) or Conceal (Give your minions stealth until next turn – 1 mana).
- Could work in a Y’Shaarj, Rage Unbound deck.
- Rogue Deck – Gang up on Deathwing, Sea Giant, N’Zoth and Y’Shaarj.
- It’s not just ‘draw a card’, but it’s ‘draw one of your win conditions’
- But it’s draw to your hand and not play on the board.
- Vilefin Inquisitor Clarification – “Does Vilefin Inquisitor interact with Justicar Trueheart?” “Justicar Trueheart has no effect on the Hero Power granted by Vilefin Inquisitor’s Battlecry effect”
- Steward of Darkshire still works with the new hero power
- Murloc Warleader (3 mana, 3/3, all other murlocs have +2/+1)
- More fodder for Anyfin Can Happen (10 mana, summon 7 murlocs that died this game)
Thing from Below
- ALL totems including Hero Power totems
- Could be come a 0 mana, 5/5 Taunt.
- Tuskarr Totemic’s best friend
- Combo with Master of Evolution!!
Master of Evolution
- As mentioned above, Combo with Master of Evolution for a new 7 drop.
- Combo’s with Brann Bronzebeard, which would end up with a 8 drop. (unconfirmed)
- At worst it’s a Chillwind Yeti
- Patron/enrage minion activator but will it replace Whirlwind?
- Anti-Stand Against Darkness minion
- Likely more use in a Control deck than Patron deck
- Mire Keeper Clarification – “If we play it while at 10 mana and choose second option, do we get the 0-cost Draw card?” “Mire Keeper doesn’t give you Excess Mana when played at 10 mana and Gain an Empty Mana Crystal is chosen”
- Replacement for Piloted Shredder in Ramp Druid
- This could mean a 3/3 on turn 2 followed by a 4 drop on turn 3 (ahead 1 mana)
Hammer of Twilight
- Great mid-range and Aggro Shaman card.
- No Overload
- Dare I say, combo with Captain Greenskin? But might want to run multiple weapons.
Blood of the Ancient One
- Aviana + Innervate + 2 x Blood of the Ancient One
- Aviana + Innervate + Innervate + 2 x Blood of the Ancient One + 2 x Faceless Manipulator
- But, in reality, this is a FUN Guaranteed! Inclusion
- Clarification: If there are 3 BofAO, then only 2 will merge into The Ancient One
The Ancient One
- See above
- Clarification: The Ancient One can only be created by two Blood of the Ancient One merging. Cannot be summoned by random effects like Effigy.
- Clarification: Both BotAO would need to be silenced to prevent them merging.
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 1
Fun Show! – matadordog
Espo is a great source of knowledge. The host is a good player too and keeps the show moving well. The newbies on the show (squishy-dragon and ary) offer a unique perspective. Please tell the newbie’s to play Tavern Brawl. It only takes a few minutes and gives a free pack! If you’ve played Tavern Brawl since it first opened Hearthstone has given away $50 worth of packs for free. (via Reddit)
Emails: 1 – Listener Voice Mail
With the old gods expansion coming out, I am really looking forward to some of the possible tavern brawls to come. One that I hope they make is a battle of the Old Gods where you can select one of the 4 Old Gods and have a pre-constructed deck built around them.
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at [email protected] You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
If you want to check out SquishieDragon’s Art Stream, she streams Monday-Thursday, starting at 3pm CST: http://www.twitch.tv/squishiedragn
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette