How to build your SquishieDragon
Welcome to the Legend of the Innkeeper. We’re glad you could join us for our 80th episode.
This week we are talking about…
What did you do this week?
Quests? Ranked play? Fun Guaranteed with friends?
Top Card Art from Goblins vs Gnomes
Vastidious – Unstable Portal
SquishieDragon – Puddlestomper
Espo – Velen’s Chosen
Wild and Standard Modes
- Ben Brode in an interview with Shacknews (http://www.shacknews.com/article/93108/hearthstones-ben-brode-on-new-heroes-druid-nerfs-and-why-standard-is-solution-for-now)
- “It’s something we could be changing more frequently even, we could experiment with an all Grand Tournament Arena. The way Arena is set up we already mess with the percentages on the new stuff so you actually get to see it in the Arena, since there are so many other cards there.”
- BB seemed to indicate that anything is still open to change – even the structure of the formats themselves.
- The feel that Hearthstone is different every year, that things are changing and this year won’t be like the last year, that’s what Standard is meant for.
- When asked about new heroes, Ben Brode said “I think you’ll hear about new heroes in the not-too-distant future,” Brode said. “We definitely haven’t given up on them, it’s something we think is exciting. We just haven’t made any new ones yet.”
On our website I setup a Listener Map. It allows our listeners to tell us where they are from so that we can see where everyone is at. Listener Map http://www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/listener-locations/
Deck building with Squishiedragon
Deck building is a very complicated subject. For a player who is new to the game or who isn’t having a lot of success, it’s overwhelming. However, to better understand deck building and to be successful at it, there are some core tenets that you must be aware of before you can really tackle it effectively. With that said, I thought it would be a good idea to cover some basic concepts before starting to dig into the actual process of deck building. Because if you don’t understand the core fundamentals, you will have difficulty consistently building good decks. It might seem that we’ve stepped back to the very basic concepts but bear with me.
- Threat Superiority
- Binary Interactivity
- Incomplete Interactivity
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: None
Facebook Shoutout: Matej voices some real concerns about Standard. Our Patrons answer his call…
One Patron in particular (Avanties from HHP) writes and links his article he wrote on the subject. http://www.heropowerhs.com/blog/standard-format/
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at email@example.com. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
We now have a new chat server you can join on Discord. It has both text chat as well as audio. Ariannwyn is often in there during the day, as well as a few other listeners. You can find the information in our Facebook group if you are a patron.
Thank you for being such great supporters. We want to give you a welcoming place to connect and make friends in and outside of the game.
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOTI Podcast – @LOTIpodcast.
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
Espo – @Xcmtbgamer
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
If you want to check out SquishieDragon’s Art Stream, she streams Monday-Thursday, starting at 3pm CST: http://www.twitch.tv/squishiedragn
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette