Third Wing: The Runied City of Stanglethorn
Welcome to the Legend of the Innkeeper. We’re glad you could join us for our 72nd episode.
This week we are talking about…
What did you do this week?
Top card from Wing 3
Espo – Entomb
- Blizzard talks about the recent issues with Brawl stability on launches http://www.hearthhead.com/news=250206/blizzard-addresses-tavern-brawl-and-stability-issues
Battle of Tol Barad
Magical creatures are escaping from Tol Barad! Play a minion and get a random spell of the same cost, but for free!
This Brawl requires you to create your own deck from your collection.
Spells you gain can be from any class.
Battle using premade decks, that use the discover mechanic to build a new deck as the Brawl continues!
So people are calling this week’s brawl a Deck Building one, and I guess I don’t really know what that term means cause I thought that’s what HS always was… anyway, here’s the rules:
You’ll start with a hand of 3 cards (or 4 cards, if second) and 4 cards in your deck. These cards are one of Tarnished Coin, Armor Plating, Whirling Blades or Chicken and can contain duplicates. Then, the Brawl follows a set pattern each turn.
- At the beginning of each turn you will get to Discover one card to add to your hand.
- Every card you play will be re-added into your deck.
- When you hit end turn, you will redraw 4 new cards from your deck, which could include cards you just played.
I guess a deck building game is a game where you build the deck DURING the game, which I’ve not played many games like that.
Third Wing: The Runied City of Stanglethorn
Sir Finley Mrrgglton, in Stranglethorn Jungle
The Naga capture Finley and you have to rescue him. Lord Slitherspear (30 health)
[Huge Toad] – 2 mana, 3 / 2 Beast, Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
[Gorillabot A-3] – 4 mana, 3 / 4 Mech, Battlecry: If you control another Mech, Discover a Mech.
[Dart Trap] – 2 mana, Secret: When an opposing Hero Power is used, deal 5 damage to a random enemy. (Hunter Secret)
Then you move to get the piece, Pearl of the Tides. Next you face, Giantfin (30 health)
This guy pilots the ultimate Murloc deck. (Great place for the Hungry Crab)
[Murloc Tinyfin] – 0 mana, 1/1 Murloc – A Murloc Wisp!
[Everyfin is Awesome] – 7 mana, Give your minions +2/+2. Costs (1) less for each Murloc you control. (Shaman)
[Anyfin Can Happen] – 10 mana, Summon 7 Murlocs that died this game. (Paladin) Yours OR your opponent’s Murlocs!!
Finally you face Lady Naz’jar – 30 Health
This gives you the last piece of the staff but it’s powerful enough by itself. She uses it to warp minions.
[Pit Snake] – 1 mana, 2/1 Beast, Destroy any minion damaged by this minion. (Rogue)
[Entomb] – 6 mana, Choose an enemy minion. Shuffle it into your deck. (Priest) – Removes it from the battlefield!!
[Naga Sea Witch] – 5 mana, 5/5 minion, Your cards cost (5). BB – Dr. Five! hehe
[Jungle Moonkin] – 4 mana, 4/4 Beast – Both players have Spell Damage +2 (Druid)
Then you get [Sir Finley Mrrgglton] – Legendary – 1 mana, 1 / 3 Murloc, Battlecry: Discover a new basic Hero Power.
2016 Hearthstone Tournament Details Announced – $1,000,000 prize pool!
- $1,000,000 Prize Pool
- There will be seasons this time around. Winter, Spring, and Summer.
- Points will decay between seasons to give people a better chance.
- Four play regions, each will have four players advance to the world championships.
- Americas, Europe, China, Asia-Pacific. (China is using a different structure)
- The winner of each seasonal championship moves on. Fourth person is from the last call tournament.
- Every ranked Legend player will obtain 1 point. More points if you’re in the top 100 for your region.
- The top placing players in a given event will receive fewer points, and the lower placing players will receive more points.
- They are working to improve the match formats. Winter season will use modified Conquest with a ban.
- Bring four decks, opponent bans one, you play the other 3 in standard Conquest
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: None
One of those epic Control Priest vs Handlock games at 2am with 5% battery. That’s how I roll.
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at legendoftheinnkeeper.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
(Taking a break during December)
Check out DragonRider’s stream on Wed, Thurs, and Fri mornings at www.twitch.tv/dragonriderdk
Our YouTube channel is www.legendoftheinnkeeper.com/YouTube
You can follow the show on Twitter @LOTIpodcast. However since I never check this twitter, Follow Ariannwyn (@AriannwynHS) and Espo (@Xcmtbgamer) on twitter also!
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/Legendoftheinnkeeper
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!
Music by James Marantette – https://soundcloud.com/james-marantette